Expressvpn is a great VPN service, but what do you do if you want to cancel your subscription and get a refund? In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel Expressvpn and get your money back. We’ll also discuss Expressvpn’s refund policy and how to contact Expressvpn customer support.
What’s the Cancellation Process for Expressvpn?
The methods to cancel an ExpressVPN auto-renewal subscription differ for all payment modes, including a credit card, PayPal, bitcoin (or Paymentwall), app store, and google play store. Expressvpn provides you a live chat feature for the cancellation process and to get a refund.
The steps are simple and quick. You cannot cancel your Expressvpn account in its official app. You can cancel the subscription from websites only if you have made the payment through the Expressvpn official site.
How to Cancel Expressvpn in 2022 and Get a Refund
You can access the live chat feature by logging in to your Expressvpn account on its official website. You have 30 days to apply for a refund from the day of making the initial purchase. At what time you receive your refund depends on the payment mode used while purchasing.
Steps to cancel Expressvpn and get a refund.
- Open any web browser. Visit the official website of Expressvpn.
- Click “My Account” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter your login credentials to open your Expressvpn account.
- To access the “live chat,” Click on the “Need help? Chat with us!” icon in the bottom-right corner.
- You will connect with the live chat customer support agent. Tell it to cancel your Expressvpn subscription and request a refund.
- Provide details, such as your email address (used when creating the account) when the agent asks.
- Continue to chat until you get the confirmation of canceling your account and approval of the refund claim.
- You will get a quick reply so wait patiently.
Cancel Expressvpn Auto Renewal
It’s a quick process to cancel auto-renewal subscription plans.
Steps to cancel auto-renewal of Subscriptions purchased through a credit card or PayPal
- Login to your ExpressVPN account.
- Click “My Subscription” from the left menu, and then “Edit subscription settings.”
- From the “Automatic Renewal Settings” page, select the option “Turn off automatic renewal.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts till you receive the “Your subscription has been canceled” notification on your screen.
- If you have used Paypal, you will be required to cancel IPN.
Through Bitcoin or Paymentwall
- Subscriptions bought via Paymentwall or Bitcoin won’t renew automatically; there’s no need to cancel them manually.
Through the App Store
- Sign in to your App Store account you used to purchase the Expressvpn subscription.
- Open the list of your purchased subscriptions.
- Click on any option, “Cancel Trial” or “Cancel Subscription.”
- Select “Confirm.”
Through the Google Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Sign in to the same google account you used while purchasing the ExpressVPN subscription or free trial plan.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Tap on “Payment & subscriptions” and then “Subscriptions.”
- Select “ExpressVPN.”
- Tap on the “Cancel” button.
What is Expressvpn Refund Policy?
Expressvpn’s refund policy allows customers to cancel their accounts within thirty days of making their initial payments. Customers are eligible to receive the entire refund amount no matter what reasons they have for cancellation and which plan they have purchased.
Customers who have purchased subscriptions through apps via the Apple App Store cannot access the ExpressVPN 30-day Money Back Guarantee. Such customers can initiate refunds requests via the Apple App Store.
How Long Does It Take to Get My Refund From Expressvpn?
They usually process refunds within seven days of approving the refund request. Refunds are returned in the original payment form used while purchasing. They send all refunds in USD. The refund amount can differ from the original amount because of processing charges & foreign exchange connected to your payment method.