Surfshark is a great VPN service, but what do you do if you want to cancel your subscription and get a refund? In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel Surfshark and get your money back. We’ll also discuss Surfshark’s refund policy and how to contact Surfshark customer support.
What’s the Cancellation Process for Surfshark?
The cancellation process for Surfshark accounts differs depending on purchases made through websites, ios, mac, and android devices. You can cancel Surfshark’s subscription through the live chat feature on their official website, email, google play store, mac, and app store.
How to Cancel Surfshark in 2022 and Get a Refund
Surfshark refunds money only for valid requests initiated within 30 days of buying the subscription plan.
Steps to cancel Surfshark and get a refund via live chat.
- Visit the official Surfshark website – https://surfshark.com/.
- Enter your email address and password. Click on “Login“
- Click on the “live chat” icon on the page.
- You will connect with Surfshark’s customer agent.
- Ask them to cancel your plan and provide a refund. The agent can ask you for a reason for the cancellation.
- The agent will inform you about your request approval.
- Compose a new email.
- Write subject link – Refund request. Add your account details, mention your reason and ask for a refund.
- Send the mail to [email protected].
Via the Google play store.
- Open the Google Play Store on your android device.
- Sign into your Google account.
- Tap on “My subscriptions.”
- Select the “Surfshark subscription” that you want to cancel.
- Tap on the “Manage” option.
- Select “Cancel Subscription.”
Via iOS devices.
- Open the “Settings menu” on your device.
- Tap on your name.
- Click on “Subscription.”
- Tap on Surfshark subscription.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription” to cancel your Surfshark account.
- Head to your “App Store.
- Click on your name or “Sign In.”
- Click on “Account Settings.”
- Move to the “Subscriptions” section.
- Click on “Manager.”
- Click on the “Edit” option beside the Surfshark app.
- Click on ‘‘Cancel Subscription.” Your subscription plan is already canceled if you don’t see this option.
Cancel Surfshark Auto-Renewal
Surfshark paid subscriptions renew automatically at the end of their service periods. Surfshark charges you again until you cancel the auto-renewal subscriptions manually. Depending on what medium you used to buy subscriptions, use any suitable methods described above.
What is Surfshark Refund Policy?
If you want to stop using Surfshark’s paid services, they provide you the right to claim your refund amount within 30 days of making the purchase. After receiving the refund request, their priority is to resolve your issues before getting your final confirmation.
You can obtain a refund twice for canceling Surfshark’s service if the time difference between both refund cancellations is more than 6 months. Surfshark won’t provide refunds on the third request. You cannot request a refund after 30 days have passed from purchasing.
Cases when Surfshark doesn’t provide Refunds.
- When you buy its subscriptions through Amazon, iTunes, and the app store, surfshark cannot provide you a refund. You are bound to follow the refund policies of iTunes, App Store, and Amazon. You must contact your respective store to place the refund request.
- Surfshark doesn’t refund Payments done using gift cards or prepaid.
- Surfshark will not refund accounts ended for the violation of its service terms.
How Long Does It Take to Get My Refund From Surfshark?
Surfshark has not mentioned any specific period in its refund policy. When you contact Surfshark’s customer support, its agent informs you of the time you will receive your refund amount back in your account.