Both the Amazon Firestick and Expressvpn enjoy immense popularity for good reason. But did you know you can also use Expressvpn on your Firestick? In this post, we’ll show you how to install and use Expressvpn on your Firestick device.
How to Setup Expressvpn on Firestick
The following firestick devices are compatible with Expressvpn.
- Fire TV Stick with 2nd generation and above. 1st generation Fire Sticks doesn’t support the Expressvpn app.
Method 1 – Steps to install the ExpressVPN app from the Amazon App Store.
- Turn on the home screen of your firestick. Select the “Find” option from the middle menu.
- Open the “search” bar.
- Search for “Expressvpn.”
- Click on the first suggestion in the search results.
- Select the “Get/Download” button to begin the installation.
- Expressvpn app will install within a few seconds on your firestick.
- Select the “open” button to launch the app.
Method 2 – Steps to install Expressvpn app via side loading.
Use this method only when the first one doesn’t work, as it has more steps. We will use the Downloader app, widely used for sideloading or installing third-party source apps.
- Open the “Search” menu from the home screen and find “Downloader.” Select the first suggestion from the result.
- Install the Downloader app by selecting the “get” button.
- Return to the home screen. Select the “Settings” icon from the right corner.
- Open “My fire tv.” Select “Developer options.”
- Scroll to the option “Install Unknown Apps” and select it.
- Select “Downloader” and adjust its toggle to Turn On mode.
- To download the Expressvpn app, copy its apk file link from its official support website.
- On any device, open the live chat on the ExpressVPN website. Ask its agent to provide you with the ExpressVPN.apk installer URL. The agent responds quickly.
- Return to the Downloader app. Launch it. Select the “Home tab” from the left menu. Select the URL box. Type the Apk file URL taken from the Expressvpn agent. Include HTTPS:// extension.
- Click “Go.” After downloading the apk file, select “Install.”
- The Expressvpn app will be installed shortly.
Steps to set up Expressvpn on Firestick.
- Open the app.
- Select the “Sign in” button.
- Enter the login credentials of your Expressvpn account. After entering details, Select “Sign In.”
- The app asks for your confirmation to share your anonymous information to make it more reliable and faster. To proceed, select “Ok.“
- Select the “Ok” button to accept the connection request of Expressvpn. Now, you have set up this app. We will describe how to use it.
How to Use Expressvpn on Firestick
- By default, when you open the Expressvpn app, it suggests you a “Smart Location” for the best experience.
- Select the “power or red circle button” on the screen. Its icon is round in shape.
- After a few seconds, the app’s background color will switch from red to green. You will see “connected” written below the power button. You can browse the internet with robust security.
Steps to disconnect.
- To disconnect, again select the “Power” button. The background color will change to red. A “Not connected” message below the button confirms the disconnect status.
Steps to select the server location of your choice.
- Scroll to the “three horizontal dots” option next to the selected location. Select it.
- The two tabs will appear on the screen – “Recommended” and “ALL locations.” The default tab is set to “Recommended.”
- Select the “All locations” tab and see 94 countries’ servers available on Expressvpn.
- Select any location using your fire tv remote to whom you want to connect.
- You can use the “Search or Magnifying glass” icon in the top-right corner to find a specific location. We recommend picking a server nearest to your location for the fastest speed.
- If you often connect with a particular location, add it to your favorites list. Scroll to that location and hold the “select” button to add to the “Favorites” tab.
ExpressVPN allows you to customize your settings and access more features. Click on the “three horizontal dots” buttons on the top left corner and select “Settings.” You can use the following features.
Autoconnect: It allows the ExpressVPN app to connect automatically to the last server every time you turn on your firestick.
Network Protection: you can decide to enable the kill switch and turn on your device visibility for other devices.
Apps & Websites Shortcuts: You can put apps you often use on the Expressvpn after connecting with a server.
How to Update Expressvpn on Firestick
You can update Expressvpn on Firestick in two ways.
1. Automatic update
You must manually adjust this setting so your firestick can automatically update the Expressvpn app when a new update is available. Here are the steps to enable automatic updates.
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Select” Applications.
- Scroll down and select “Appstore.”
- Select “Automatic Updates.” It will turn on.
2. Manual update
Whenever a new version is available, The open button on The Expressvpn app will be replaced with the Update option. Select it, and the app will start updating.