Amazon Firestick is a great device for streaming movies and TV shows. However, some content is blocked in certain regions. A VPN like Proton VPN can help you get around these blocks and enjoy all the content you want. In this article, we will show you how to install ProtonVPN on Amazon Firestick.
How to Install Proton Vpn on Firestick
We will use two methods to install Protonvpn on your Firestick. If you don’t find the Protonvpn app on the official store of your Firestick, stick with the second method.
Method 1 – Steps to install the Proton VPN app directly from the Official Amazon app store.
- Open your Fire TV’s home screen. Select the “Find” menu.
- Select the “Search” tile.
- Type “ProtonVPN” using the virtual keyboard. The suggestions will appear in the results. Select the first result.
- Select the “Protonvpn” app icon from the “Apps & Games” section.
- Select the “Get” button.
- The Protonvpn app will install on your Firestick.
Method 2- Protonvpn apk file installation process using the Downloader app on Firestick.
Anyone can use this sideloading process. Using Downloader, you can install any third-party application.
- First, install the downloader app from the Amazon app store.
- From your Firestick’s home screen, open the Search option—type Downloader.
- The app will display at first in the search results. Select it.
- Select “Get/Download” to install it.
- You will make necessary changes in the Firestick’s settings to let the Downloader install Protonvpn from an unknown source. Without this, you can’t install Protonvpn by this method.
- Open the “settings” menu.
- Select “My Fire TV.”
- Scroll down to select “Developer options.”
- Select the “Install unknown apps” option.
- Select “Downloader” from the available apps.
- Open the Downloader app from the “Apps” tile.
- Select the section where you can type the URL. Enter the apk file link of the Protonvpn app in this box field.
- Select the “Go” button to download the APK file.
- After installing this file, Select the “Install” button from the bottom corner.
- After getting the “app installed” message, you can select any option from “Done” and “Open.”
- Open the Protonvpn app.
How to Activate and Use Protonvpn on Firestick
It’s straightforward to activate and use the Protonvpn app on Firestick. Here are the steps.
- Open the “Your Apps & Channels” section on your Firestick device.
- From all the apps, select the icon for the Protonvpn app. The app will open.
- Select the “Sign in” button.
- Open the following website link for proton VPN activation on your pc or mobile phone – https://account.protonvpn.com/login.
- Type the “activation code.” If asked, Sign-in into your account.
- Select the “Activate” button to access the ProtonVPN on Firestick.
- The protonvpn app will activate on your Firestick.
- You have to choose a server location. Select anyone. The protonvpn app will connect your Firestick to the chosen location.
- No. of server locations you get depends on your subscription plan. We recommend you choose your nearby servers because VPN server distance directly affects your internet connection speeds.
- Your identity has become anonymous on the web. You can stream any content from various streaming services.
- Select the “disconnect” button when you don’t want to use the Protonvpn.
Protonvpn Not Working on Firestick? What to Do?
You can implement the following solution.
1. Check the connectivity of your internet connection.
The internet connection often cuts off in between and becomes unstable, affecting your VPN working.
2. Select a different server location.
Select another one that works if you cannot connect with a particular server location.
3. Update the latest version of the Firestick and Protonvpn apps.
Install the updated versions to fix technical glitches that might be interrupting the ProtonVPN functioning.
4. Restart your firestick device.
If the above three don’t fix the VPN working, restart your Android tv and Firestick. Connect with ProtonVpn again.
5. Switch to other VPN services.
The last solution is to try another premium VPN service that works with your Firestick.