With the rise of streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video, the need for a good VPN has never been greater. If you’re looking for a quality VPN that’s easy to use, Surfshark is a great option. In this guide, we’ll show you how to install and use Surfshark on your Firestick. We’ll also cover some of the key features of Surfshark that make it one of the best VPNs out there.
How to Setup Surfshark on Firestick
The official Surfshark is available for the following firestick versions.
- 2nd generation Fire tv stick.
- 3rd generation Fire tv stick.
- 4k Fire tv stick.
- All new versions.
Steps to Sign-up on Surfshark.
- Open the Surfshark official website in your web browser.
- Click on the “Get Surfshark” button at the top-right end of the screen.
- Select any subscription plan.
- In the next step, Surfshark offers a special add-on bundle that provides robust security to your internet browsing on Firestick. You can choose to proceed with or without adding the bundle.
- Complete the payment by selecting any method.
- You create a new Surfshark account with a new username and password, which you will require to access its app on your Firestick.
Next, we’ll describe two methods of installing the Surfshark app on your Firestick.
Method 1: Install the Surfshark app from the Amazon App store.
- Open the homepage of your TV. Select the “Find” option from the middle menu.
- Head to the “search bar.”
- Search for “Surfshark.” Select the first search result from the different suggestions.
- Select the “Get” option to start installing the Surfshark VPN app.
Method 2 – Indirect sideloading through the Downloader app.
Skip these steps if you have installed Surfshark app via the first method.
- Install the Downloader app from the Amazon app store.
- Open the settings menu.
- Select the “My Fire TV or Device.”
- Select “Developer options.”
- Head to the “Install unknown sources” option and select it. You can install Surfshark using its apk file from any source.
- Open the Downloader app.
- Open the “Home” tab. Select the “Url” text field at the top.
- Type the following URL – surfshark.com/download.
- Scroll down and select the option to install the Surfshark app for your Firestick/fire tv.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the apk file.
- Once downloaded, select the “Install” button from the bottom to install the Surfshark app.
- You can open the app.
How to Use Surfshark on Firestick
After the installation, you can click on the “Open” button to launch the Surfshark app.
- You can create a Surfshark account if you haven’t by selecting the “Create Account” button.
- Click on the “log in” button.
- Enter your email address and password you entered while registering with Surfshark VPN service.
- The app provides the option to Login using your mobile. For that, open your Surfshark app on your mobile. Open the “Settings.” Select “Account” and then “TV login.” Enter the code appearing on Firestick’s Surfshark app.
Steps to connect with the default Surfhark server.
- The Home screen opens after Log in. All the necessary settings are available here, like your connection status, button, locations lists, etc.
- When you select the “Connect” button from the left side, the Surfshark app automatically connects your Firestick with the fastest server.
- Provide your confirmation by accepting the connection request in the pop-up notification when you connect to the Surfshark VPN server for the first time. This permits the Surfshark app to handle its VPN tunnel.
- You can select the “Fastest server” and “Nearest” country.
- Click on the “hamburger symbol” inside the connect button.
- Click on either the fastest server or the nearest country. The surfshark app will adjust any default location selected by it.
- “Connected” status appears with the green color box above the “disconnection” button.
Steps to select and manage Surfshark’s locations.
- You can select from 3200+ servers across 65+ countries.
- Locations list displays on the left side of the home screen.
- Scroll down and select any location.
- To instantly connect with the chosen location, click on its flag icon.
- You can find any location using the search bar.
- You can add any location in your Favorite servers list by selecting the star icon on its right side. You won’t need to find a specific server again.
- There are two more tabs next to the “locations” – Static IP and MultiHop.
- Through Static IP, you obtain the same IP address whenever you connect.
- Through MultiHop, you can connect through two different Surfshark servers in distinct countries.
How to Update Surfshark on Firestick
Apps update on Amazon Firestick devices in two ways.
1. Manual Setting
When you open The surfshark app, You can manually update it by selecting the “Update” button. When a new version of Surfshark is available, The Open button replaces with the “Update.”
2. Automatic Setting.
You can enable automatic update settings for all apps, including Surfshark, on the Firestick via the following steps.
- Select the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
- Scroll toward the “Application” menu and select it.
- Select the “Appstore.”
- Select the “Automatic updates” option. This step permits your Firestick to update all the apps automatically. The Surfshark app will update with other apps. You won’t be required to do the manual update.